Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hello Kitty Cake Pops

 My daughter's 3rd birthday was quickly approaching and I was going to be out of town for several days leading up to it.  I was concerned that I would not have enough time to prep and execute the decorating of a cake.  I decided to try out cake pops.  I could make the cake and frosting ahead of time, shape them into cake balls and finish decorating them the morning of the party.  I love the bakerella website and drew my inspiration from her.  I didn't get pictures of the process as I was in a rush.  However, know that it may have been just as easy for me to do a cake.  These little gals were quite time consuming, and I ran into many difficulties.  But as always, I learned a few things and the final product was delicious. 

I basically followed bakerellas directions as to how to do these pretty little kitties.  A few difference: 1) I had to double dip my cake pops in the white chocolate as my daughter wanted chocolate cake.  In order to cover up the chocolate I had to double dip.  2)  I used royal icing for the eyes and whiskers.  I have the very same marker as bakeralla, but for some reason it did not produce very solid lines.  3)  I used royal icing instead of a mini m&m for the middle of the bow.  I decided to go with a pink bow rather than a red and I don't think they have pink mini m&m's. 

My daughter's favorite part?  Picking out all of the pink heart sprinkles (come with red white and pink) for Kitty's bows.  If you ask her, she'd tell you that she did the bows :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment