Sunday, November 13, 2011

Onesie Cookies

I have wanted to make onesie cookies for a LONG time.  I saw them once on an episode of the Martha Stewart Show.  She actually wrapped them in clear plastic bags and handed them out as party favors - cute idea.  My neighbor asked if I'd make some cookies for a baby shower.  She explained to me that everyone who came to the shower was to bring a onesie.  The mom-to-be then had to guess which guest brought each onesie.  So, the idea was to make several different designs to kind of go with the theme of the game.

First, I made my favorite sugar cookie recipe and baked several onesie shaped cookies.  This was done using a wilton cookie cutter
I made a few different colors of thin royal icing and did a quick flood coat.  With some of them (light green in the back) I placed some blue drops on the cookie while the green was still very wet.  The blue sank right into the green and it looked like one solid coat.  Very neat!
Using some thicker royal icing I added some details. The plan was to use some mini dragees as snaps, but they didn't ship in time.  Instead I used the white royal icing and came back and painted it with a bit of silver luster dust and vodka.
  
All in all, I was pretty pleased with the way they turned out.  

1 comment:

  1. Molly - the Onesie cookies were a hit! The details & creativity are just amazing! They tasted as good as they looked & we were able to send a cookie home with several of the ladies. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete