Friday, August 12, 2011

Finishing Touches on the Pinwheel Cake - Day of delivery

I realize that I have skipped a lot of steps here.  I get into a zone and forget to pick up the camera to log what I have done.  Basically, I stuck all of the pinwheels into the cake - I couldn't decide which ones to use.  I couldn't believe that I had none break.  I figured, go big or go home!  I also added the "tissue paper" made the night before along the outside of the bucket and  few extra pieces of the "ribbon."  I filled the spaces with more of the light yellow fondant rolled as thin as possible.
I piped green grass along the bottom.  This was mostly to add some contrast in color so that the rest of the cake would stand out.  I took a few extra small pieces of the "tissue paper" to make it look as if the pieces fell out of the bucket.
Time to wrap up the gold cupcakes and deliver.




No comments:

Post a Comment