Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Safari Baby Shower




 This was for a dear friends baby shower.  She was not sure whether they were welcoming a little boy or little girl and the new room for baby had a safari theme, so we went with it.  I found some really cute cupcake toppers online.  Two good friends of mine came over one evening and we worked on the toppers for the cupcakes.  So I had help on the lions and hippos (which may be my favorite).   If I were to make them again, I would make them all a bit smaller.  The leaves were made ahead of time as well using cookie cutters.  All are molded out of fondant.  The cupcake liners were purchased at Michaels, couldn't hardly pass them up with our given theme.  I used the 1M tip on the cupcakes with leaves.  I used the grass tip (#233) for the land animal cupcakes and spread a little blue on the water dwelling hippo cupcakes.  We made 2 of each animal for a total of 12 animals.

As a bonus.  I'll share this very clever idea that my friend Stephanie came up with.  She painted this tree on a canvas (this one was, I believe, a baobab tree - continuing with the safari theme).  Then, each guest used a finger or thumb in green ink to put a "leaf" on it.  We printed each persons name on the back of their fingerprint, it kind of served as a guest book.  When little Levi (it was a boy!) was born Stephanie painted his name under the tree to be hung in his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment