Monday, July 18, 2011

Precious Moments

 I typically prefer only edible items on my cake (except the necessary structural pieces).  However, I had someone ask for me to place this precious moments figurine on the of her confirmation cake.  This was one of my favorite cakes to make.  Rather traditional.  I hadn't done a whole lot of that yet.  I was able to try my hand at some fondant flowers as well as practice some of my piping. 
 Cake covered in white fondant.  As I said, flowers made out of fondant.  I loved the little yellow ones.  A simple bead piping along the base of each cake.  The "stained glass" was created using gray royal icing for the outline (very annoyed that the two side windows are a little uneven) and filled with colored piping gel.  I was very happy with the overall look of this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment