Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes

When I first got the book "What's New Cupcake", these were the gems that caught my eye.  They made me laugh.  So, as a thanksgiving potluck approached, I decided to make 'em.  As usual, I used my own frosting, but I think it may have been best to use store bought for the green on the cornflakes.  You are supposed to microwave some frosting to thin it out and then place it in a plastic bag with frosted flakes and shake to coat.  Mine didn't coat well or easily, so next time I will try store bough frosting for that part.  One other change I made was that I piped the white portion on the end of each leg with royal icing rather than using (I believe) white chocolate as they recommended.  Royal icing is something I always have around. 

These weren't as easy or quick to make as the cherry pie cupcakes, but I thought they were worth the effort, and so did everyone at our gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment