Friday, July 29, 2011

Snowflake Cupcakes

It may be hard to imagine during the beautiful MN summer, but over half of our year is filled with snow.  Almost 6 months ago, I made these cupcakes for my husband to bring to a potluck at work.  And for another snow inspired cake, stay tuned for my next post.
Red velvet cupcake with vanilla frosting.  I colored half of the frosting a light blue.  I placed a mix of the two colors in my piping bag with the 1M tip.  I sprinkled each with white cake sparkles and white nonpareils.  The snowflakes were made ahead of time using melted white chocolate in decorating squeeze bottles (you can use piping bags, but I prefer the stop and go of the bottles).  I placed a few snowflake templates under a piece of wax paper.  I sprinkled some of the snowflakes with white cakes sprinkles as well.    Very simple to place on the cupcake and send them out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment